13 Nov Haze exhibition and roundtable media coverage
SIIA’s Haze Exhibition- Haze: Know it. Stop it (7 to 9 November 2014)
Launched by Senior Minister of state for Health Dr Amy Khor, the three-day exhibition, titled ‘Haze: Know it. Stop it’, held over the weekend at Vivocity, was part of the SIIA’s efforts to educate the public about the causes of transboundary haze, the plight of Indonesians living at “ground zero”, and the haze fighting measures in place.
- Channel NewsAsia – Learn about transboundary haze at VivoCity exhibition(6 Nov)
- Channel NewsAsia – Broadcast coverage on the 10pm news (7 Nov)
- The Straits Times – A personal journey through the haze(7 Nov)
- AsiaOne- Exhibition gives insight into haze issue(9 Nov)
- The Straits Times- Exhibition gives insight into haze issue (9 Nov, print version)
- The Establishment Post – Tracking Transboundary Haze Pollution From The Ground Up (13 Nov)
SIIA’s Haze Roundtable 2014: Going Beyond Politics: Facilitating Ground Up initiatives
The SIIA concluded the Haze Roundtable 2014 on 6 Nov at The Regent (Singapore). The event, which played host to around 50 NGO and corporation representatives, witnessed the disuccsion of topics such as a review of the haze in 2014, the effectiveness of SIngapore’s haze law, SIIA’s Haze Tracking Portal set to launch next year and looking beyond the haze.
- TODAY – Major haze episodes in region ‘likely to be more frequent’ (7 Nov, print)
- The Borneo Post – Singapore’s haze bill leaves oil palm industry in flutter(7 Nov)
- Eco-Business – Recent haze laws not tackling root cause: NGOs(7 Nov)
- Thai PBS – Greenpeace repeats calls for peatland protection(10 Nov)
- Tempo – Light at the End of the Haze? (17-23 Nov, print)
SIIA’s Haze Tracking Portal
The SIIA has announced its plan to develop a haze tracking portal as a central platform to host concession data provided by the different NGOs and corporates.
- The Online Citizen – Singapore think-tank plans to host haze portal(6 Nov)
- Channel NewsAsia – Think-tank to launch haze tracking portal next year(6 Nov)
- Lianhe Zaobao – 本地智库着手设立监控网站： 非法烧芭者 我们盯着你(7 Nov)
- The Business Times – Anti-haze body eyes launch of tracking portal (7 Nov)
- The Borneo Post – Singapore portal to trace hotspots as haze hits (8 Nov)