The SIIA’s Public Education Programme (PEP) enjoyed tremendous support from our SIIA members as well as the general public. Together we have raised over S$220,000, and are therefore well on our way to achieving our target of S$300,000 by early next year.
The highlight of our fundraising activities was a dinner graced by His Excellency, President S R Nathan and the First Lady on 25 November 2004 and three other ministers - Radm (NS) Teo Chee Hean, Minister for Defence, Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports and Mrs. Lim Hwee Hua, Minister of Trade and Transport. Our distinguished guests were happy to meet and mingle with our SIIA supporters.
Dr Balakrishnan showed his support for our public education efforts by sharing some remarks on the importance of young Singaporeans to “truly understand how the external world created Singapore in the past, and how dangers and opportunities present themselves for us in the present and future.”
The dinner and dessert buffet were sponsored by Far East Organization and the Tung Lok Group respectively. The Fullerton staff’s efforts to complement the dinner with Tung Lok’s dessert buffet was much noted and appreciated by the SIIA and our guests.
The fundraising proceeds will benefit our 2005 programmes in supporting continuous learning and interest in the youth and the wider community and helping them to be more aware of the concerns and issues around the region that are likely to impact Singapore.
We would like to thank the following generous donors for their continued support to our Fundraising Campaign:
* American Express International, Inc.
* Apex-Pal International Ltd
* BP Singapore Pte Ltd
* Bovis Lend Lease Pte Ltd
* Consulate of Morocco
* DBS Bank
* ExxonMobil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
* Far East Organization
* Hempel Coatings (S) Pte Ltd
* Hong How Group
* Hill & Knowlton (SEA) Pte Ltd
* Hyflux Ltd
* International Enterprise Singapore
* Keppel FELS Ltd
* Jardine Cycle & Carriage Limited
* LGT Bank in Liechtenstein (Singapore) Ltd
* Management Development Institute of Singapore
* Mitsui Chemicals Asia Ltd
* Motorola Singapore
* NTUC Fairprice Co-operative Pte Ltd
* Poh Choon Tiong Logistics
* Pontiac Land Group
* Portek International Ltd
* Press Foundation of Singapore
* Sincere Watch Limited
* Singapore Exchange Limited
* SembCorp Environmental Management Pte Ltd
* Sembcorp Industries Limited
* Singapore Shipping Corporation
* Wing Tai Holdings Limited
* Mr. Alan Chan, Petroships Pte Ltd
* Mr. Tony Chew, Asia Resource Corporation Pte Ltd
* Mr. Sumihito Hirai, JETRO Singapore
* Mr. Lee Hsien Yang, Singapore Telecommunications Limited
* Ms. Irene Ng, MP for Tampines GRC
* Dr. Pang Eng Fong, Singapore Management University
* Mr. Kanji Sonoshita, Super Media Singapore Pte Ltd
* Mr. Karan Singh Thakral, Thakral Brothers Pte Ltd
* Mr. Jonathan Ralph Woodier, Citibank, N.A.