SIIA Chairman was recently appointed to a new Aviva Think Tank, the Future Prosperity Panel. Prof. Simon Tay will represent ASEAN countries in this initiative, which is part of Aviva’s first global brand campaign, ‘You are the Big Picture’, which launched in Singapore on 4 Oct.
"With the region rising, there is confidence about future prosperity," says Simon TAY. "But there are questions about prosperity as opposed to growth. Governments have to shift from rapid trickle down growth to a more sustainable and inclusive path. People have to be encouraged not just to save but also to invest for the future, and to spend and enjoy prosperity."
The panel, which includes some of the world's leading thinkers, will help to build understanding of the financial issues affecting the world, and what can be done to make a difference in the future. It comprises the following people:
- Rama Bijapurkar, Independent director and author
- Diane Coyle, Economist - Enlightenment Economics
- Alain de Botton, Author
- Jane Fuller, Co-director - Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation
- Carl Honoré, Journalist and author
- Ann Pettifor, Director - Advocacy International
- Fellow - New Economics Foundation
- Paweł Świeboda, President - demosEUROPA – Centre for European Strategy
- Simon Tay, Chairman - Singapore Institute of International Affairs
- Matthew Taylor, Chief executive - Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA)
>> Read More