SIIA Director Nicholas Fang was chosen as one of nine Nominated Members of Parliament (NMP) by the Special Select Committee.
The president of Fencing Singapore was the only NMP who applied as an individual.
50 applications were received for NMP this year.
Out of these, 47 were considered eligible candidates and a final nine were selected.
The list, unveiled on Thursday, February 2, is as follows:
The final nine who were picked are:
(1) Mr Nicholas Fang Kuo Wei (individual application)
(2) Mdm Faizah bte Haji Ahmad Jamal (Civic and People Sector)
(3) Ms Janice Koh Yu-Mei (Media, Arts and Sports Organisations)
(4) Mr Laurence Lien Tsung Chern (Social Service Organisations)
(5) Ms Mary Liew Kiah Eng (Labour Movement)
(6) Mr Ramasamy Dhinakaran (Professions)
(7) Asst. Prof. Eugene Tan Kheng Boon (Tertiary Education Institutions)
(8) Ms Carrie Tan Su Shan (Business and Industry)
(9) Mr Teo Siong Seng (Business and Industry)