23 Feb Webinar | One Year On – Vaccines, New Variants & Economic Prospects
It has now been a year since COVID-19 was first recognised as a pandemic, and the crisis is far from over. More infectious variants of the virus are continuing to emerge, with fresh waves of infections forcing new lockdowns across the world. Many are optimistic about the ability of COVID-19 vaccines to gradually bring the world back to normalcy, but there has also been much debate about the efficacy and safety of these vaccines. As we respond to the pandemic, we also need to keep an eye out on the economy. While there are some signs of regional and global recovery, there is also a great deal of uncertainty regarding the economic outlook for the months ahead. This webinar will examine both the public health and economic ramifications of COVID-19, one year on, focusing on implications for Singapore and ASEAN.
- How is fight against the COVID-19 virus progressing, especially with vaccines being rolled out?
- How will the global pandemic situation and economic uncertainty continue to affect Singapore and the region?
- Given the announcement of Budget 2021, will more need to be done for Singapore businesses and workers to remain agile in the coming months?
- Prof. Tikki Elka Pangestu, Visiting Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS) and Former Director, Research Policy & Cooperation, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Dr. Taimur Baig, Chief Economist & Managing Director, DBS Bank
Topic: One Year On – Vaccines, New Variants and Economic Prospects
Date: Tuesday, 23rd February 2021
Time: 5:00pm – 6:00pm SG Time (Webinar broadcast opens at 4:55pm; Webinar commences at 5:00pm.)
4:55pm Webinar broadcast opens
5:00pm Introductory Remarks by Ms. Seraphim Cheong, Director, Operations, SIIA
5:05pm Opening Remarks by Associate Prof. Simon Tay, Chairman, SIIA
5:10pm Remarks by speakers on One Year On – Vaccines, New Variants and Economic Prospects
5:30pm Q&A Session
5:55pm Closing Remarks
6:00pm Webinar Ends
Registration can be done directly on Zoom. To register, kindly fill in your particulars at http://bit.ly/SIIAOneYearOn by Friday, 19th February 2021.